Explore Solidity from a professional developer
Welcome to the new series! 😎
We all know that
Solidityis the most popular smart contract language in the Blockchain ecosystem, especially for EVM chains.
As a beginner, many people might see
C/C++ . And this is the reason primarily that many programmers/coders might take a step back later while writing core-level smart contracts.
Comparison with C/C++
- Variable type declaration is a must in
- Automatic variable initialization during contract deployment.
- Supports Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Compiled to bytecode in
Soliditylike binary code in
- Supports almost all the variable types of C/C++ & more like
int(of varying bits),
bytes(of varying size)etc.
- Unlike EOSIO C/C++ (earlier version
Soliditydoes support contract methods, which can return values.
Solidity, while using
for-loop, the max iteration recommended is 256. After which it might exceed the ‘gas limit per block’.
- There are very limited types of storage containers like
In this series, one would get to experience some core functionalities of Solidity. I would also try to give a comparo with other Blockchain protocol’s smart contract language.
Thanks a lot for your patience 🙏